Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter

Thursday, December 29, 2005

anglophile foood/more pictures

We already have Orange and Mint Kitkats in the US, but the Brits are slightly different. The strawberries and cream really had that creamy taste, very nice. Haven't tried orange or mint yet. Unlike our bars, they have little sayings on them like "have a break" etc. etc. Kitkat chunky is about the same as the single bar I got from canada. Just think of one large Kitkat. Great single serving for the dieting crowd. hahaha.
Ok, so I know that there are other people out there who have read the whole Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe and about Edmund and his fetish for Turkish Delight which ultimatly got him in a hole, I had been captured by it ever since reading about it in the novel. The turkish delight I got sent to me came in two forms: One chocolate covered, the other in this powder as you see above. Both of which are not what I thought it would be. It definatly wasn't "full of eastern promise" that was stated on the wrapper.
All in all, I can now see why we don't have this in America. Not many people would eat jelly candy encased in either chocolate or powdered sugar. But still, was great to try! Thanks petey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter