Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter

Friday, July 14, 2006

Mmmmm Vintage Baking

I found two old vintage paper cook-mags at a local consignment shop yesterday on the way to my hair appointment, I thought they'd be great to go in with my swap I'm currently in on at craftster. I actually kept one for myself because I kinda like those cheesy old recipies. Somtimes they can be the best even though its loaded with butter n' sugar. I actully really love the plaid background. Gives it that Scottish-look to it.
See how proudly the mum and her daughter carry the cakes. I mean they even produce their own glow in the background? How many housewives now can do that? Even the cat glows. She even maintains a 16-inch waist.
You wouldn't see this look today for sure. But I still love the look!

One thing I love about old cookbooks is how frilly the titles/names are to such things.
I actually really like that gingham dog. I had never seen any cookie like that before. They had a couple other recipies in the booklet for neat little cookies n' treats. If I had a daughter or son this would be somthing I do with them.

Cute. Cute. Cute.

4 Comments:

Blogger dnsswgr said...

Where did you find these cookbooks? You must tell me, or take me along next time you go into consignment shops!

6:38 PM  
Blogger HeatherH said...

Yo! I just scour (is that even a word?) around the valley. I avoid such gremlin attracting places like the goodwills.
You gotta DIG DIG DIG!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Cat said...

I love vintage cookbooks! I have an "international" cookbook from the 50's that actually calls for MSG! I think it's great!

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter