Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter

Monday, September 25, 2006

My Life as a Dental Assistant: The Beginning

Well I just started my first full week of work. Like as in working full time.
I've never done this before.......I mean work full time.
This is good expierence for me........dispite the fact I have no idea what the heck I'm doing or why.
Anyway so to get everyone up to date, the office is hiring yet another dental assistant. Only this time this girl has actual expierence etc. I felt like such a dummy because although this chick was already working as a dental assistant, she came on her first day here and was already cleaning teeth etc.
Me; I just sit and watch.
PA-THE-TIC!!!
So today was suppose to be Dr. Rodriguez day to work at the clinic. Remember he's the sorta rude doctor who walks like a fag.
Well anyway I was totally blessed by God this whole week and have Dr. Jim ( nice dr. ) instead. So that gives me some time to learn the whole charting thing.
I HATE CHARTING!!!!
So today was Monday which means: MEGGA BUSYNESS!
Its not so bad when you always have somthing to do or clean up. The hard part is when I get a child under the age of 5 and starts freaking out widly.
Like oh say....today for example. I got one big little chunker today.
I should have seen it coming anyway, just looking at his mother whose boobe were practically falling out on her shirt and then I was able to get a clear view of her son's tattoo'd name on her boob.
So, as I tried to clean this kid's teeth, he didn't open, kept hitting me, and then decided to scream literally at the top of his lungs.
Seriously, I understand being scared at that age........but parents, you need to buck up and strap your kids down otherwise they will attack us humble workers.
Lemme tell you all, this little chunky chunker tried to swat me and the dr. I had never seen or heard such a display of just well......hostility. I think if the parents would sit the kids down and explain to them whats going to happen beforehand and reassure the kiddo that nothing bad is going to happen to them, then it should ease up at least a bit.
Anyway, so besides being majorly stressed out from work, at least I have my lunch breaks to look forward to. I'm starting to find such true appreciation of it now. For the past 2 years I've practically had an all-day lunch break. Ah those were the days........
Anyway I will continually up date you all on all my ramblings and happenings at the dental clinic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter